Administration and Events
General Internship Information
- Business Area: Events Management & PR
- Location: Beijing
- Duration: 1 month to 6 months
- Allowance: 0.00 CNY
- Reference: 207
They have recently re-designed their website which is designed to hold their 30-year archive of event information, including speakers, lecture titles and lecture summaries.
Responsibilities would include:
- Scanning and preparing the lecture summaries and other information, and inputting these archival materials to the website past events record (8 to 10 hours per week)
- Attend the committee meetings and take minutes
- Assist with the membership updates and lists
- Assist at lectures with event coordination
- Prepare a brief write up of each lecture or outing to be posted on the organization’s website
- Academic background or interest in academic topics
- Native English speaker or Excellent English writing skills
- Good level of spoken English
- Basic level of internet and programming skills to update the homepage (familiarity with Drupal is a plus)
- Social skills
- Outgoing and open-minded personality
- Experience in events is a big plus
- You will work directly with the committee, which is made up of Ambassadors’ spouses and long-term Beijing foreign residents. You will benefit from a unique experience by participating in lecture presentations and interacting with leading professionals and scholars in many fields, and by having direct involvement with Beijing’s foreign embassies and the diplomatic community, as well as the long-term foreign resident community, and the many interests these groups represent.
- Your work location will be flexible, there won´t be a fixed location in an office and you are also allowed to work from home
- Your only requirement is to attend all company meetings, weekly events and lectures
- You will need to bring your own laptop
This is a non-profit organization, which presents insightful and educational lectures. It was established in 1981 by a group of foreigners who shared an interest in exploring and understanding China’s rich and varied culture. They provide an opportunity for Beijing’s foreign residents and visitors to hear about China from professionals, scholars and leaders on a wide range of subjects including culture, history, fine arts, literature, religion, economics, science, archaeology, the environment and other compelling topics of the day.
Select 1 to 3 internships, and you’re half way to gaining international exposure, working experience and the chance to contribute to the expansion of an international company.
Our goal is to find the perfect internship match for you, while providing a network of fellow interns, colleagues and companies to build your own connections and path in China. Internships in Engineering, Interior Design, Consulting, Law, and much more.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? No worries, Apply without pre-selecting an internship and we’ll help you find your ideal placement.